Nancy Vogt in her Pew Research Podcast Fact Sheet mentioned the following. Go here for her extensive Podcasting: Fact Sheet which is one of the best in depth articles about podcasting in America.
- The New York Times, which in March 2016 announced the creation of a podcast team focuses on news and opinion programming
- Public radio broadcaster WNYC, which announced in October 2015 its plan to raise $15 million in funds for a new podcast division(for more on the role of podcasts within the public radio world, see the public broadcasting fact sheet);
- The Wall Street Journal, which introduced WSJ Podcastsin December 2o15;
- And on the local front, the Des Moines Register, turned to podcasts in order to explore a story in depth
New media organizations are investing in podcasting.
- Slate, which launched the podcasting platform Panoply is in partnership with other media organizations, including The New York Times, WBUR and The Huffington Post
- Buzzfeed, which launched its first two podcastsin March 2015 – and launched The Tell Show and No One Knows Anything in 2016;
- Radiotopia, which received a grant from the Knight Foundation for $1 million to fund new stories and support a pilot fund
- Gimlet – a podcast network that launched in 2014 – attracted $6 million in new fundingin December 2015 to fuel expansion. Plans for the funds included new studios, an increase from four to 12 podcasts and a tripling of staff over the next couple of years
Go here for her extensive Podcasting: Fact Sheet which is one of the best in depth articles about podcasting in America.